5 April 2010

Long weekend Break

Since my last update, I've benefited from a lovely long weekend break. Broke up from the office on Thursday afternoon, and don't need to go back until Tuesday morning, then I've got Wednesday off.

So what's been going on. To be honest I haven't really had a lot going on. I've used the time to recharge my batteries and to attempt to get rid of the cold that I've had for a couple of weeks.

My wife decided to do some baking on Friday so spent 4 hours helping her sort out various items so that she could begin her foray into jam and chutney making. I must admit that her lemon curd was gorgeous so we've already bought some more ingredients.

Saturday was spent making a flying visit to both sets of parents to drop off some of the home made goodies. Whilst there, were here some annoying news about relatives making un-neccessary comments about us. The person in question likes to voice her opinion about us, but not the person causing a problem for the rest of the family. It's surprising how much she is turning into the person causing all the issues.

We spent an hour or so being annoyed but that soon went. For the afternoon we went to see The History Boys at the Brighon Theatre Royal. If you haven't seen it I would truely recommend it for a good show. And the 80's music that appeared throughout was from my favourite era.

Sunday was another quiet day. Lots of places were closed as it was a religous holiday. The day started with a viewing of the F1 Grand Prix. As Saturday qualifying had been affected by the rain, it was hoped the same would happen again. No such luck. Once again it was another procession.

Why can't each track have a spinker system and at random times throughout each race they come on and drench the track. It would add some excitment and make you watch rather than just seeing who leads at the first corner and that's it.

The rest of the day was taken up catching up on recorded TV. Watched Ashes to Ashes and the new Doctor Who. I was actually quite impressed by Matt Smith. It is obviously an extremely difficult role to take on as David Tennant was excellent in the role. Matt seemed to bring a different complexity to the role. No more the 'I know everything' personna but he now seems to have a vulnerbility about him. I must also mention the costume worn by Karen Gillian. If that's what police women wear these days, I'll have to be a naughty boy.

Monday started with another lay in, and then we started sorting ourselves out. My wife likes wandering around car boot sales and as there was a large one locally I dropped her then and then returned home to look at the household budget. April's the time when all the new bills come in so I've added them all together to see whether we are going to be able to cope this year. Things don't look too bad, apart from a slight miscalcuation on my part when moving funds between accounts so I've got a bill coming for being overdrawn - whoops.

Oh well, back to doing nothing today preparing for work again tomorrow morning. Speak to you soon !!

0 comments: