3 May 2010

Treated like Children

The media need to forget that people do have brains. They don't need to be fed everything as if they were babies. Our knowledge has improved in the 40+ years I've been on this Earth, but I feel that I'm treated worse now that I was in the past.

Thank you to whoever invented the PVR. It's a godsend for commercial stations. Not only can I speed through the commercial breaks, but before each one, we get told what's going to happen in the next segment, and then afterwards we're told what happened before the break.

I don't think we have lost the ability to remember things. Amazingly there are still people talking, writing, eating, walking, driving and loads of other things that we've learnt over the years. To be told what's going to happen in 10 minutes just so that I continue watching a television programme is stupid. Trust me - if you're programme has got my attention, it is probable that I will continue watching. If it's not that good, then I won't be staying whatever you tell me.

0 comments: