23 May 2010

Summer Weekend

Hasn't the weekend been lovely.

I left work on Friday and my wife and I decided that we would have a 'strategy meeting' at our local public house. It's funny that we've lived in our current house for 10 1/2 years, and it was only last summer that we started visiting our local which is only about 100 yards for the house.

We spent about an hour there putting the world to rights, and then headed home for a quick evening meal before settling in for a meeting with our friend 'Jack Daniels'.

Saturday morning I was woken with a start when someone should out 'plan' and I lent over to turn the alarm clock off. I have no idea why - my alarm clock rings, and I knew I hadn't set it. By the time I realised I was already awake so decided to get up and sort my life out.

We recently got one of these power monitors from our electrical supplier. Whilst doing the housework, I was watching the display. Word of warning - having the washing machine, dishwasher and kettle on at the same time uses a lot of energy.

As I was up so early, all the washing was finished and hanging out by 8am. A visit to the supermarket was then in order. Nothing much was required but we still spent over £100.

We then headed back home and were able to begin relaxing. And that is what we have done all weekend. We have done nothing all weekend other than sit in the garden watching the world go by and enjoying the beautiful weather.

Unfortunately it doesn't look as though this is going to stay with us for the bank holiday - no great surprise there. Oh well, back to work tomorrow. Hopefully things won't be too busy and we'll be able to get on top of our jobs.

0 comments: