27 March 2010

Lonely Saturday

Didn't have a good night last night unfortunately. My wife works in primary schools and if there are any colds to be caught, she'll catch one. No sooner did she get over the last one she has caught another one. It wasn't her fault but last night she was blowing her nose a lot and that was waking me up.

What made it worse was that I enjoy Formula 1, and this morning was qualifying for the Australian Grand Prix. So I was awake at 5:30am to see the pre-waffle and then the actual driving. Wasn't the most exciting session around - why not just have 30 minutes qualifying with everyone involved. The authorities should stop making rules so that the big boys have a good time.

I then went shopping to our local Sainsburys store. Didn't need a lot as we're still not eating large meals. I know it's lazy but our fridge is full of ready made salads at the moment. It makes life easier for us, and it also means we are portion controlled. Unfortunately we suffer from portion distortion so even a plate of home prepared salad would end up looking like Mount Everest.

My wife left mid morning to go to a pottery workshop with her mother. This is the third session she's been on, and I think she surprises herself every time. The first time she made a name plate for the house which I still need to hang. The next time was napkin rings, but we forgot to get them back for Christmas (no-one came to visit us so it didn't really matter). Look forward to seeing the results of this session.

I therefore returned to my 1911 Census research. I've now managed to get through all the names, including the 22 I had that were a bit of a query. Most of them look to be mis recorded so I don't think they were ours. The next job will be updating our website as this hasn't happened for a while.

Whilst doing the family history I had the Crystal Palace v Cardiff City game on. I'm a Palace fan and have been for a number of years so was able to see the game of Sky HD. Palace didn't look like a team from the bottom three just a shame that they didn't get a good result. The 10 point penalty was a big blow to the club. I just hope that they manage to survive this season and can start with a clean slate next season.

0 comments: