23 March 2010

Welcome to my Blog

Where do I start ? Why am I doing this ?

The second question is definitely easier to answer so let’s start there, and that will naturally resolve the first.

I recently watched Julie & Julia and thought what a fun way of doing things. Julie Powell had a great idea and followed it through.

So why did that lead me to start blogging. I’m guessing I’m seeing it as a release for all the stress, strain and hassle I experience in my working life. I’m employed by an UK based IT sales company as their network manager. My job involves my staff and I supporting the expanding workforce to ensure that the network and telephone systems all work so that they can do their job. Doesn’t sound too difficult, but as I say, it’s a Sales company and unfortunately there is a lot of pressure on the sales people to make money, and therefore everything needs to be done yesterday. They seem to forget that other members of staff exist and also need assistance.

When I leave the office therefore, I look for different ways of forgetting the problems for just a few hours, until it all starts again. I do a few things in the evening, but sometimes you just need a break from the norm.

I think at the moment writing a blog might be a way for me to vent any of the frustrations and rejoice in any of the successes that occur.

0 comments: