25 March 2010

Memories

Following the fun journey in, today started along the same lines as every other day.

I was still looking at the problems with performing SQL backups. Fortunately the system I worked on yesterday was successful last night, so now I need to look at the other machines. Things still don’t seem to be 100% correct, but with a bit more work I’m sure that all will be successful.

Having spent some time working on the backup issue, it was then into a morning of meetings. Nothing major but it has been some time since I have sat down individually with each of my team. Now seemed as good a time as any. All seemed to be OK. Just a couple of issues to bring to their attention which we all chatted about and agreed. They’ll be having full reviews in the next couple of months so we can discuss other things then.

Now that the meetings were over, it was conveniently time for lunch. Other than going for the occasional off-site meeting at lunchtimes, I rarely go out. So today I decided to spend a bit more time on Family History research. I’ve been looking into the KETCHER name for a number of years on and off. More off than on recently to be honest, but since the release of the 1911 UK Census I’ve had a bit of a kick. So far I’m going through all the Ketcher’s that appear and trying to get them to match up with the records we have. Lots of success so far, and very few transcription errors compared with previous information. I’ve still got 100 names to check off, but over the next few lunch times I hope to knock those on the head.

This afternoon was a joy – NOT !!!!! Trying to build a Proliant DL380 G6 and every time I load the OS it gives me a Blue Screen of Death. So far I’ve tried 3 different builds, so now I’m going to try a different OS to see if that resolves the problem. Otherwise I’m not sure what I’m going to do next.

Wasn't the weather different this evening compared to yesterday. Bright sun and sunglasses then 24 hours later rain and thunderstorms. However I had Radio 2 on the car radio for the journey home. It was great just after the 4pm news to hear Livin' la Vida Loca by Ricky Martin. I know it might seem to be a weird song for me to make it known that I like however it brings back great memories of my honeymoon.

I can still remember it being sung at the Clearwater Hilton just before a large thunderstorm came in. We then moved under the bar canopy so that we could continue drinking cocktails.

0 comments: