25 March 2010

Comment :: Driving Dilema

On my journey home tonight, I was concerned about one of the other vehicles on the motorway.

Initially the Mercedes was in the near side lane. The reason my attention was drawn to it was because the vehicle seem to be moving from side to side and actually crossing or running over the white lines.

I was worried at the time as I was aiming to overtake him. As I drew alongside, I glanced across and couldn't see any reason such as changing a CD or radio channel, lighting a cigarette or even using a hand held mobile phone.

After a while, I noticed the same vehicle pass me in the outside lane. I then saw him move into the middle lane in front of a white van. I could then see the vehicle continue to move from one side of the lane to the other.

My concerns were that the guy was either tired, or even worse drunk.

The question then going through my mind was should I do something. There was definately something wrong, but should I get involved? The only way for me to do anything would be to use my hand held mobile phone to call the police.

Would they be able to do anything, or would they pick on me as the easy target. They would have my mobile number, and would be able to trace me from that.

0 comments: